Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

As Good As it Gets

Sail Date: January 30, 2016

Carnival was wonderful.  The meals were superbly prepared and our dining room staff was fantastic.  I was prepared for the rough weather our last two days.  Malcolm, the Cruise Director, is a gem!!!  We had two issues - our excursion (not thru Carnival) was upsetting as we were transported in a van to Chichen Itza that lost its air conditioning after the first hour of the drive.  Our second mishap was finding our car in Lot B with a flat tire.  Not the fault of Carnival but would have appreciated a bit more help rather than being referred to the wharf parking police who pretty much disposed of us and our situation.

Considering the number of passengers the entire wait process was very reasonable.
As this cruise was the culmination of a 6 week vacation I wanted to take advantage of the guest laundry room across from our cabin but neither the soap dispenser nor the machines worked with my cruise card. I called Guest Services and they sent a young lady over but she didn't know how to operate the system at all. After waiting an additional 15 minutes I left. I did use the iron.
Chichen Itza was amazing. However, our transport to and from with "" was a disappointment as our van's air-conditioning malfunctioned half-way to our destination.
Am not into jewelry purchases and art so all the activities surrounding these items were not an attraction for me.
Only attended the "Music of the 70's quiz" and it was a treat with Malcom!
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
The city itself is void of any attraction but the excursion to the Mayan ruins is well worth the time/money.
If you are not a souvenir/jewelry shopper I would encourage you to take an excursion around the island. The port area is beautiful but enough with the shopping!!