Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 16, 2016

I enjoyed Malcolm the cruise director and all the activities on the boat.  I was a little surprised that there was only 1 plug in the room...not 1 outlet, 1 usable plug.  My friend brought her fan so that tied up that plug for a time being.  I felt like the rooms on triumph were a smidge bigger and had more counter space.  We had a problem with the toilet in our room.  It was flushed and the button stuck it did not take but a minute and water was everywhere.  the toilet continued to run and run and run.  it was not coming out of the top of the toilet, but a valve below.  called maintenance and they said someone would be right up...and we waited.  it was not until we called again to say now the water is running all over the floor in our room and soaking the carpet did someone come running down the hall.  we were relocated for the night to sleep in another room while they cleaned up the floor and put a fan down to dry the carpet.  the carpet never dried, but we did not have to mess with the blowers because we were at dock and went out for the day.  we did get a credit on our account for the disruption and a real nice note of apology.  the crew member who came to assist us was very helpful and made sure we were situated and had everything we needed for the night we moved and apologized many times.

I participated with more things on this cruise than I did my first one.  my first one I spent a lot of time in the casino, this one I went to shows, went to watch the dive in movies, wandered and relaxed.  the steak house was EXCELLENT...was worth the extra money to me.

I felt the 4 stars because of the outlet issue.  I was just thrown off from that and found juggling items around to plug in was an issue at times.

now you check in with a time...and they are very strict about it. my time was 10:30-11, the others in my group were 10-10:30. I HAD to wait until 10:30. once I was allowed in was checked in very fast, we then had to wait for awhile for our "group" number to be called. after we got on the boat we ate, and then went to the lobby for drinks and music. people were still boarding boat until around 4 minutes before we were to leave, but the bar was cut off around an hour before that because of the safety meeting. we then got out of port late. I made sure to be there on time and had received a notification that you had to be there in order to board before 3:30, but ALOT of people boarded between 3:30 and 4. disembarkation was easy, hardly any wait and line moved fast.
plug in room was an issue, did not see steward a lot, but if I needed something I just found someone else to assist.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Uxmal ruins was awesome. restaurant on premise was great too.
did passion island. not was mediocre and boat ride was rough. crew on boat ride was awesome though. water was mucky so I did not get in