Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing End-of-the-year Trip

Sail Date: December 05, 2015

This cruise was a great getaway for me and my boyfriend. The crew was excellent: we tried to do as much aboard the ship as we could, and Angelo (NJ) and Adam (NZ) did an amazing job of keeping everything fun and entertaining. The bartenders at the EA sports bar and the Red Frog pub were also great. And we loved our serving staff in the Posh dining room! When it came to service, the crew was just great all-around. I do have a few complaints, however, that kept me from giving a five-star rating. In our stateroom, I found - and immediately disposed of - two insects over the course of the voyage. Also, one of the bathrobes had a large hole in it. On the whole, however, the cleaning efforts were impressive. The steward came through not once, but TWICE everyday. Loved the towel animals that they left behind! When it came to food, I would NOT recommend room service. We ordered from here two nights and received food that was mediocre at best. (The cheese on our grilled cheese sandwiches, for example, wasn't even melted and the bread tasted slightly stale.) But I LOVED the Blue Iguana Cantina. It was my favorite place to grab a bite whenever we weren't eating - brunch or dinner - in the Posh dining room. Overall, we had a great time. The ports were beautiful. We went scuba diving in Cozumel, paddle boarding in Roatan, and cave tubing in Belize! It was a wonderful experience.

Perhaps have an exterminator go through the rooms every so often? Was forced to dispose of two rather large bugs while in the room. Also, there was a large hole in one of the bathrobes. And a change of beach towels would have been appreciated.

If you see something on the itinerary that looks interesting, check it out! If you decide to procrastinate, it may not be on the agenda again.

1 Comment