Great Ship, Not-so-great food

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2208

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

My honey and I had an amazing time on our Carnival Cruise! We were on the Carnival Freedom, which had amazing designs and the MOST AMAZING STAFF! Shout out to John, our Cabin Stewart, for being truly outstanding.

Our only, and biggest complaint, was the food. We were under the assumption (from friends and family telling us) that the buffet was open 24 hours a day, everyday. The buffet opened around 6:30-7 ( I wasn't ever up that early) and closed by 11. Took an hour to set up for lunch, so that was noon-3:30ish. Sit down dinner/dinner buffet opened up around 5:30 and ended around 10 PM. The sit down dinner was the best part, though if you get sea sick I recommend taking it easy as it's really easy too eat too much, as the food is very rich!

Would recommend this cruise to anyone who doesn't want 5 star dining throughout. Amazing staff and amazing ship!

Ship experiences

Sit down dinner = amazing Buffet = meh

The room was find but next time I would rather have a window.

Ports of call