Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time for a great price

Sail Date: June 27, 2015

My husband and I took this cruise, for a much-needed vacation.  I had been to Cozumel a few times, but never to Jamaica or Grand Cayman.  The ship was fine...definitely not one of the more luxurious Carnival ships, but it was just fine.  The crew was good enough.  It always makes me sad to see the things they have to grin and bear when dealing with some passengers!  Our cabin was small, but clean.  We had a balcony room, and by allowing Carnival to pick it for us we were nearly directly in the middle of the boat.  I would recommend that passengers not stay on Deck 8, as you do get the noise of kids running on the Lido deck above.  The food was, as usual, very good.  In fact, Guy's Hamburgers made the best burgers we've ever had, off or on a boat!  We were seated with four lovely couples at dinner, and closed the place every night, just visiting and getting to know one another, and plan to stay in touch via email and social media.   Montego Bay was a huge disappointment, in that it is such a poor area, and we were literally afraid of some of the people at times.  I would not go back to that port.  Grand Cayman was amazing.  It was clean, friendly, and had great shopping and adventures.  We did the Helmet dive, and I cannot speak highly enough about the people who took care of us on this Carnival excursion.  It was absolutely amazing!  In Cozumel, we took the recommendation of one of the Freedom staff, and went to a hotel for the day, with full use of the beach, showers, restrooms, internet, and a restaurant and bar.  It was the most relaxing day!  All said, this was just what I needed to get away from my very stressful job, and my husband and I were both extremely satisfied with the trip.

Montego Bay was not one I would recommend. The others were great.
The cabin was small, but clean and functional. We don't take cruises for the room. I would recommend a lower deck, however, as we did get a lot of noise from people running on the Lido deck above us.