Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Had fun, but was a little disappointed.

Sail Date: June 13, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had fun and we were glad to have the experience of a cruise under our belts. However, I am not sure that it was worth the money we spent and I certainly would never call a cruise an all inclusive vacation again!  That's only if you sit on the boat, don't drink anything but water and never leave the ship.  Otherwise you are going to be paying for everything that they can think of to charge you for.  I have quite the knowledge of what the markup is on sodas and alcohol in dining establishments and for what they charge for those "extras" they are raking in a tidy profit.  I felt that I was also misled on the Camp Ocean for kids.  Instead of spending the day there.  You have to keep running back and forth to pick them up for the closing times.  So it was really more like 2-3 hour blocks of time rather than all day.  They didn't open until 10 am on most days and then they closed for 2 hours at lunch and dinner and they again at 10 unless you wanted to pay extra for babysitting.  All of the fun stuff is at that time too, so you either skip it or pay.

We found a pair of kids shorts and some toys under our bed that didn't belong to us, so I wondered how clean they really get the rooms.