A trip wiith the family

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Western Caribbean
Sail Date: May 23, 2015
Ship: Carnival Freedom

This is the first time we have  taken our 2 boys on a cruise 12 and 17. My husband and I cruise by ourselves and have cruised on Holland America and Celebrity, both nicer ships and better service. For the price this trip was a decent value. There weren't as many activities as I though for the kids. The other cruise lines have just as many. I guess I was thinking Carnival was all about family but I would say they cater to a very diversified group. Overall a good experience.

Didn't participate

Not nearly as friendly as other ships I have sailed. The staff seem to be worn out / over worked

The cabin was fine. Comparable to other cruise lines. The balcony was smaller so cramped with 2 people.

The burger joint and taco/burito bar are a must try early on in case you want to go back. We got surprised room service was $5/day to have coffee delivered. The comedy club was a favorite for both the PG and 18+ shows.

The hop on hop off bus is not worth the $20. If you plan to just go to a beach take a cab.
The obvious, sting ray city.
The local ruins are not much to see would recommend going to mainland for that tour