Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Freedom with Obstacles

Sail Date: March 28, 2015

First off lets get one thing straight! I would not consider a different Cruise line. My wife and I feel at home when we are on a Carnival ship. That being said, the crew on the voyage was the best crew we have ever had. The ports of call were great. The food was good. The Stage shows were beyond our expectation.  I was most impressed by our dining room staff. We sat in the lower Chic Dining room at Table 134. John was our head waiter, followed by Ketut, Antonio, and Henson. They were great. But when the head guy, I'm talking the boss took off his coat and rolled up his sleeves when they got busy, and started carrying out trays of food and serving them. I was really impressed. He didn't get on to his staff. He didn't point out rights or wrongs. They were slammed with full tables all at once. He ask the head waiters in each section how could he help them. Then he became a server. In my book that is how you earn respect from you peers and today he has my respect. The next morning at breakfast in the Posh Dining room I shook his hand and told him what I observed. And that I was impressed. Now that that is said, Could someone please tell Carnival that they need more ships designed along the lines of their Spirit class ships. The Miracle is the finest vessel in the fleet. It is easy to navigate. Has wider isles. Has multiple decks that go from forward to aft without going up or down to get there. The Miracle is a lot more Handicapped friendly, and family friendly for children. It takes days to get used to a cruise ship layout.  The miracle took a day. The Conquest and the Freedom takes about 4-5 days. About the time you finally figure out the design, The cruise is over. We are going on the Glory in December. We would change to the Legend or Miracle but we want the Glory itinerary. We have learned from our chopped up floors, and going around obstacles that the Freedom was not so free and it was a challenge to beat the Conquest. We are hopeful that the memory of conquering the Freedom, We will bask in the Glory and long for a Miracle.

Showing normal wear and tear. seemed to have a lot of unormal engine vibration
poultry was dry
Not one single Carnival crew member from any department on the ship was rudd . Everyone was courteous and beyond nice.
the Playlist performers was outstanding and the Little Big Town concert aboard the the ship was a nice touch.
Children's Programs Couldnt say for sure . we didn't bring children. But the Cat in The Hat was definetly a winner with children and parents alike
We didn't lack for things to do.
The ports of call were great. the Atlantis water park was fun and my wife and I felt like 56 year old kids.
We loved the cabin location and the fact that it was on then Lido deck helped a lot.
Galveston, Texas
The port was easy to get into and to board the the ship. the cab ride was 185.00 from Houston and because of this we will never go out of Galveston again.
Key West, Florida
Take comfortable walking shoes. because you'll want to walk alot.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We did shopping here and we did good.
Carnival Live Concert
Are you kidding me? Having it on the ship was a stroke of genious. Way beyond our expectations.
wear water shoes. LOL

Make yourself a map of when to go up or down and on which end to start or finish for entertainment and dining. The ship maps by the elevators are not enough. Make sure you know how to get to your Muster station as deck three has no direct good route.