Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Good Cruise!

Sail Date: June 04, 2011

I had never been on a cruise before and maybe my expectations were too high after people raved about them...but my experience was nice. I wouldn't say I had a "fabulous" time...but it was nice. It was something different.

Pros: The Shows at night! It was very impressive...they were like Broadway shows!

Cons: They showed 2-3 movies on an 8 night cruise; The Library was only open 1 hour in late morning and early evening for 1 hour; only 70's Disco for adults at a certain time (for dancing)

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

There weren't many "teenage" activities that were age appropriate. The teen activities were a little childish. My teen boys didn't want to do the activities.
The activities were ok...not that great...but the entertainment shows at night were "fantastic"! They were "broadway style and quality" shows...very impressive!!!!
The ship was not very big and there were only 2 pools that were very small. However, the ship was VERY CLEAN! Decor was nice, a little cheap, but nice.
The "Extreme Carribbean Jeep Adventure" was GREAT! My boys loved it, even Mom and Dad! It was even better because it had rained the day before and the day we did it, so there were BIG mud puddles to go through...very muddy! The "All Pros Tours" were WONDERFUL and very friendly! We had them all to ourselves!
Don't Miss: The "mini-jeep" through the beach/jungle tour!!!
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
We did the Bus/Boat/Train Excursion! It was good...the boat ride was the best...we had a few interesting events happen!
Don't Miss: Banana Plantation!
Colon, Panama
The shopping was horrible and the people in the shops at the port were very rude and things were pricey. There wasn't much to this port...I wouldn't visit here again.