Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

nrperrb@nr.edu

Sail Date: March 05, 2007

it was my first time on a Carnival Cruise. I've been on many other cruises but being over 60 years I was a little reluctant to book on th "Fun Ships." I was more than impressed with the whole cruise. No problem with a lot of noisy activity aboard. The staff was very competent and very helpful throughout the trip. Getting off the ship to return home was a breeze, too.

Pros: The wonderful ports we visited and also the new ship-Food great too.

Cons: The Lido Deck for lunch. Way too crowded and hard to find seating

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Athens is a must visit place.
Don't Miss: DO NOT miss the Acropolis. I'v visited 3 times now and would do it again when in Athens.
Venice, Italy
We went out to the Morano? factroy and had a visit back on the St. Marks Square. We had been ther 2 times before and did not do as much in this port. What we did was most rewarding though.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
We walsed off the ship to this port and did shopping. Many shops and good shopping opportunities
Don't Miss: I would recommend the Olympic site though we did not visit on this trip.
Izmir, Turkey
Turkey is more advanced in izmir than I would have thought. A very modern city
Don't Miss: Ephesus is a must see place. My 2nd visit there!
Dubrovnik, Croatia
This was my favorite port on this trip since I had visited most all the others. I was so impressed with the od walled city.
Don't Miss: The Old City of Dubrovnik!
Izmir, Turkey
Turkey is more advanced in izmir than I would have thought. A very modern city
Don't Miss: Ephesus is a must see place. My 2nd visit there!
Naples, Italy
Naples is near many great places to visit on the Amalfi coast where easy access to a number of great places to visit.
Don't Miss: Pompii. My second time there on this cruise. Always so much to see and appreciate about the excavation.
Rhodes, Greece
What a lovely island and all the old walled city is so impressive. It was my second visit. It is also a place with many kinds of nice shops.
Don't Miss: The old walled part of the city near the port.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Athens is a must visit place.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Rhodes, Greece
Don't Miss: The old walled part of the city near the port.
Venice, Italy
Naples, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Don't Miss: The Old City of Dubrovnik!