nrperrb@nr.edu

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

9 Night Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Venice To Rome)
Sail Date: March 05, 2007
Ship: Carnival Freedom
it was my first time on a Carnival Cruise. I've been on many other cruises but being over 60 years I was a little reluctant to book on th "Fun Ships." I was more than impressed with the whole cruise. No problem with a lot of noisy activity aboard. The staff was very competent and very helpful throughout the trip. Getting off the ship to return home was a breeze, too.
We walsed off the ship to this port and did shopping. Many shops and good shopping opportunities
Don't Miss: I would recommend the Olympic site though we did not visit on this trip.
What a lovely island and all the old walled city is so impressive. It was my second visit. It is also a place with many kinds of nice shops.
Don't Miss: The old walled part of the city near the port.
Athens is a must visit place.
Don't Miss: DO NOT miss the Acropolis. I'v visited 3 times now and would do it again when in Athens.
This was my favorite port on this trip since I had visited most all the others. I was so impressed with the od walled city.
Don't Miss: The Old City of Dubrovnik!
Naples is near many great places to visit on the Amalfi coast where easy access to a number of great places to visit.
Don't Miss: Pompii. My second time there on this cruise. Always so much to see and appreciate about the excavation.
Don't Miss: The old walled part of the city near the port.
We went out to the Morano? factroy and had a visit back on the St. Marks Square. We had been ther 2 times before and did not do as much in this port. What we did was most rewarding though.
Turkey is more advanced in izmir than I would have thought. A very modern city
Don't Miss: Ephesus is a must see place. My 2nd visit there!
Turkey is more advanced in izmir than I would have thought. A very modern city
Don't Miss: Ephesus is a must see place. My 2nd visit there!
Don't Miss: The Old City of Dubrovnik!
Athens is a must visit place.

Pros: The wonderful ports we visited and also the new ship-Food great too.

Cons: The Lido Deck for lunch. Way too crowded and hard to find seating

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!