Don't hesitate to take this ship!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Fascination

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 11, 2017

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: M102

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

After booking this cruise, I started reading about the Fascination and got concerned after seeing all the negative reviews.  I'm glad I didn't cancel because this was a fantastic cruise!  Yes the ship is old but the people were all so nice, the food was great and the overall atmosphere was fantastic!  This is a very port intensive cruise so we weren't on the ship a lot during the day but I would have liked another sea day to spend on the ship!  We just got off on Sunday and I would do it all over again next week if I could!!

Ship experiences

It was a great room! We loved opening the curtains every morning to see where we were!

Ship tip

One thing we laughed about bringing but used every night was some clothes pins and twine we tied from one side of the room to the other. We dried our swimsuits and shorts every night. Yes there's one in the shower but it wouldn't have been long enough.

Ports of call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

If you're there early and are looking for a good place to have dinner, go to Barrachina Restaurant! We ate there twice and it was delicious! They claim to have invented the Pina Colada :)

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Bridgetown, Barbados

We didn't do an excursion here so we ended up at the Boatyard. The weather turned rainy but that didn't bother us. We just went under the cover at the bar and had a wonderful lunch. The people here were so nice!

Castries, St. Lucia

We did the segway excursion and it was the best day of the trip!! We got lucky and had wonderful people in our group and the guides were fabulous! If you can, do this one!!

Basseterre, St. Kitts