Carnival VIFP

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Fascination

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 02, 2017

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: M163

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Priority Boarding went very well and the Excursions we took were amazing.

As a VIFP member for a lot of years, I felt the food & Dessert menus were not up to par. I didn’t appreciate the Blow Dryer not being in the room, or a thermostat, there didn’t seem to have enough shows in the evening and the two (2) we saw certainly went to the bottom of our list.

We tried to order room service & had to call for their menu, it to almost an hour to get the booklet, so we didn’t order. The Serenity deck was sad, no pool to cool off in only 2 hot tubs.  For two (2) days- 1 was hot & 1 was cold, then someone complained & they made the both hot. So nowhere to cool off & not enough seats.

As a VIPF (Platinum for a while) I was totally disappointed with the Gift... seemed senseless and not something I would be using to show off Carnival or being a VIFP member.  As for the Disembarking procedure, it was the worst ever.  We had #1 Luggage tags, that went well.  We, VIFP Platinum had to report to the Palace, I found it stage that there were so very many people there. Once they called us to line up for the elevators, it seemed most people got up. While making our way we noticed most people had Red, Blue & even Gold cards.  I said thing to your Staff member and he just said just wait for another elevator.  Three later, we arrived on Deck 3 to find that there were lots of people (not with Platinum cards out) trying to get into a SINGLE LINE.  There was only one person scanning Sign & Sail cards.  What a Joke...

I’m not sure if some if this was due to an older ship or if this is how they do things in Puerto Rico?  We loved the Ports of Call, burt don’t think we would do the Fascination again.  We did an eleven (11) night cruise with Carnival in Nov. 2015, Port Canaveral to San Juan.  The WHOLE trip was amazing, including Disembarking. Everything was so organized.  I hope that these changes are an isolated incidents and not the New Norm for Carnival.

Ship experiences

NA

The deck areas show the age of the ship

Our Cabin Steward took care of the blow dryer issue, ice and our wash. He was very kind and attentive

Ship tip

Take a catamaran snorkel excursion on the Golden Eagle, the best in the islands and the Mini Speed boats in St. Kitts. The best fun you'll have.

Ports of call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Traveler Photos

Golden Eagle great day on the water, crew was super friendly