Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun family cruise. Food was a disappointment

Sail Date: April 06, 2015

Had a good time.  Room was fine and staff was friendly.  Our only issue was the food.  Breakfast buffet was pretty good but both large coffee makers were broken the entire trip causing several people to complain.  The lunch and dinner options were about as impressive as Shoneys-- just average.  Formal dining room was a big let down.  First night was good and everyone was happy.  Second and third night we couldn't believe the difference.  Our table of nine sent back half of the entrees.  They actually brought my ice cream completely melted--seriously?  There was no fourth night.  This was our first cruise and all I ever heard about was how good the food was.  We traveled with friends who have been on several cruises and they couldn't believe how poor the food quality was.  My last gripe is this.  I'm from the south and we take some eats very seriously.  Don't attempt to serve me grits if you don't know how to make them and same with the frog leg appetizers---you failed.