Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great quick getaway

Sail Date: February 05, 2015

Room Type: Suite

We had a wonderful suite on the upper deck. It was very spacious. Have stayed in the regular balcony cabins and I get claustrophobic and the showers are way too small. I was in the room quite a bit and it is important to be comfortable. This suite had a nice jacuzzi tub with glass shower doors. The room was quiet for most part, except for one ocassion. Not sure where it was coming from but not a big deal. Didn't see any of the entertainment due to the late hours of performance. There wasn't a lot to do on the ship but that didn't bother me because I was on this for total relaxation. This ship only has one casual dining area (coconut grove cafe) and it doesn't serve but certain hours. You can get Pizza and a deli sandwich 24 hrs/day.  I am used to ships that have multi-casual dining areas and you can dine at anytime.  I missed not having any specialty dining restaurants on this ship.  You can dine in their main dining rooms as well, which you can choose a set time or choose the anytime dining. I personally like the option of having the choice to dine when I want to so we chose anytime dining. The food is alright, not a 4 or 5 star restaurant. I do feel that this ship was just a little under staffed. You waited in lines for everything, especially if you wanted a drink and this was all over the entire ship!  Carnival must have changed their disembarkation methods because I remember being able to carry off our luggage as soon as clearance was caused and not called by floors.  I can get off from Royal, Norwegian, and Princess right away. Not crazy about this new method.

Would I go on this trip again? Absolutely, it is a quick and easy trip for me!

Cruise Photos

See my comments above this wonderful room!
Jacksonville, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Went on an ATV excursion and got away from all the shopping/touirist mecca of the island
Been there so many times and can't handle all the panhandling going on if you try to walk in town.

We took the ATV ride, garden and beach excursion in Freeport. It was great!