Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantasy to Key West

Sail Date: May 16, 2016

Nice last minute cruise to Key West/Cozumel. Disappointed the rates increased almost twofold since checking a couple months out and I was not able to get an inside cabin (sold out).  The food options are the best thing going on the Fantasy.--we loved the burger bar, the burrito bar, the pizza bar, the sandwich bar....The staff across the board on the ship are delightful.  The ocean view room was basic but roomy enough, great closet space, the bed was ok comfortable, window was dirty so view was yucky, but room was clean and kept up for us all day long, which was wonderful.  It's cold everywhere you go, I never went anywhere without a blanket and the rooms to do not have their own thermostat.  You can only open and shut the vent and the air conditioner constantly flows.  Not a great deal of entertainment nor the caliber offered in the Universe Lounge as compared to larger ships, but it was appropriate probably for this short cruise and ship.  We enjoyed Greg at the piano, fun time singing along with him!  We REALLY enjoyed our excursions--City View Hop on Hop off in Key West, the Butterfly Conservatory in Key West and the snorkel/mexican lunch at Sky Reef in Cozumel.

My main problems were the room was cold and I couldn't do anything about it (no thermostat control) and I was disappointed the window was so dirty, not only did it obstruct the view, it was just disgusting to look at. I had to keep the window curtain closed. But otherwise room was so clean and kept up so well. Roomy and good closet space.
Key West, Florida
Not much to see, but nice quaint town. Fun, if you are into drinking.
Snorkeling was great!