Good value, but some drawbacks

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 27, 2016
Cabin Number: R-214

For the price, it is difficult to beat. But you also get what you pay for. The food was not up to par with the last cruise I took, and the boat was aged and ready for retirement. Lunch was a disaster. There was only one "buffet" that was always open, and it was mainly just french fries and hotdogs. The boat definitely limited the good food. For example, the Mongolian Wok (an Asian food buffet) seemed to never be open, and the one time I got there and stood in line they told me it was closed by the time I tried to order! There were not nearly enough pools or hottubs on the boat. If you wanted a square inch of hottub space, you basically had to be rubbing shoulders with a hairy neighbor at any given time.

Staff were very friendly and excellent. Dinner was always a pleasure. The Comedy night for the families was good. They should do more clean events, and not so many 18+, R rated shows.

Pretty nice cabin. One gripe: the switch for the bright room lights was RIGHT at the head of the bed. Twice during the night my head bumped the button and BAM we were wide awake. It wasn't Edison that made that design.