Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Choose another cruise!!!

Sail Date: June 04, 2011

A member of the crew became ill and we had to divert our course and did not get to go to Nassau. They did not/would not compensate us (not even a discount on pictures) for the loss of this port. They were unapologetic, when I went to guest services they were rude rude rude. We had specific requests of a refrigerator in our cabin because of medication, they failed to initially meet this request and did not offer any suggestions or alternate accomodations. We went to the serenity deck on our third day of the cruise, they asked us to get out of the hot tub so they could clean it (after it had been open for over 1 hour). The Grand Turks was an epic fail. The island is nothing great, it is a must miss, don't get your hopes up about this being anything more than a party stop at Margaritaville. The last day we went to the lido deck to finally get some sun, we were greeted with the crew painting and doing maintenance (all which could have been done prior to leaving or while we were all at port). All in all this is not a cruise I would recommend. Save your money and take a different cruise out of a different port. I am an experienced cruiser and this was easily the worst experience. Additionally, when we went to the free drink get together our waiter at one point in time told us we could not get any more alcohol, I had to get a senior officer to tell him we could have more alcohol and then he said, oh ok.

Pros: The food in the dining room

Cons: The ports of call were awful, Half Moon Cay is beautiful but no shopping, Grand Turks are a must miss!

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

Nothing great except for the hypmotist. It was funny. The Beatles show was alright, but very average.
Guest services was rude. One of the most classic comments was "I hope you don't believe we are going to compensate you because we were trying to save a life" I said, so it is just tough luck, she said yes. The problem with the insulin is detailed above and then there was the bartender that would not let us order a drink until we "filled" our card, which we knew was untrue because it was already associated with our credit card. The assistant bar manager took our concerns under advisement and after making us come to see her prior to dinner all she could say was it won't happen again. Of course it won't. See also the comments about the free alcohol.
A HUGE PROBLEM FOR TEENAGERS!!! My daughter is a freshman, and instead of dividing by grades, they used age groups and wanted her to go into a club full of 7th graders. Not her idea of fun. If you have a child that is 14 this is not something they will all. My daughter didn't even bother going in because most of the friends she made she couldn't talk to because she wasn't allowed in the club.
Dining Room was top notch. The breakfast bar is guarded by bacon nazi's that only allow you three pieces. The orange juice was consistently warm.
Tong, our steward, was top notch, I cannot imagine anything better.
Grand Turk Island
If you are young enough, go to Margaritaville, it is like a huge college party. Going "downtown" is a huge waste of time and money. Small shops, with the same items, nothing but storm damaged homes etc. on the way. Eat before you leave the ship, it is better food and cheaper. My husband spent $10 and rented snorkle gear on the beach and had a good time.
Don't Miss: Beach
I didn't get to go and was not compensated by the cruise line. The difference between 2 and 3 ports is the difference between a 5 and a 7 day cruise. I am completely disappointed.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Clearly there is only one thing there, the beach (owned by cruise line) and they cook you lunch, there are no restaurants, no additional sites.
Don't Miss: Eat lunch, it will help soak up the alcohol