Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good value

Sail Date: March 31, 2008

After a having a very very bad cruise with Carnival (Fascination) last July I was weary of hopping on the boat again. But I needed a cheap honeymoon and so I booked this cruise.

The staterooms were a little outdated but very clean and my cabin steward was wonderful.

The food was okay... not bad but just okay. I got tired of only having burgers and fries to eat between the hours of 2 & 6.

Like all cruises the little ammenities were overpriced ($79 for a haircut...are you fricking crazy).

Pros: The staff was very friendly

Cons: A little too family friendly for my honeymoon

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Boring. We don't have any kids so there really wasn't anything for us to do because we didn't want to spend a fortune on booze.
Very old with a few updates. Overall okay.
Some meals were great but overall the food left a little to be desired.
The rooms were outdated but clean.
The ship's staff was always very kind and helpful
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We rented a Jeep from a local for $65 and went in to Merida. What an amazing city! The ruins at Dzibiltun were just a short drive away but kinda lame compared to the bigger sites.
Don't Miss: Merida
We caught a cab for $15 and went to the San Francisco Beach Resort. We each had lunch and a couple of drinks for $40 so we got to use the resort for free. It had a pool, private beach access & water sports.
Don't Miss: The beach!