Good value

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 31, 2008
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
After a having a very very bad cruise with Carnival (Fascination) last July I was weary of hopping on the boat again. But I needed a cheap honeymoon and so I booked this cruise.

The staterooms were a little outdated but very clean and my cabin steward was wonderful.

The food was okay... not bad but just okay. I got tired of only having burgers and fries to eat between the hours of 2 & 6.

Like all cruises the little ammenities were overpriced ($79 for a haircut...are you fricking crazy).

Some meals were great but overall the food left a little to be desired.

Boring. We don't have any kids so there really wasn't anything for us to do because we didn't want to spend a fortune on booze.

The ship's staff was always very kind and helpful

Very old with a few updates. Overall okay.

The rooms were outdated but clean.
We rented a Jeep from a local for $65 and went in to Merida. What an amazing city! The ruins at Dzibiltun were just a short drive away but kinda lame compared to the bigger sites.
Don't Miss: Merida
We caught a cab for $15 and went to the San Francisco Beach Resort. We each had lunch and a couple of drinks for $40 so we got to use the resort for free. It had a pool, private beach access & water sports.
Don't Miss: The beach!

Pros: The staff was very friendly

Cons: A little too family friendly for my honeymoon

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!