Learn more before you go

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 18, 2008
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
The ship itself is in need of rennovation, unless you enjoy loud colors and Vegas like themes.

The food overall was good, but many people were unable to get the dining time they requested: ours was 2 hours after what we asked for, making seeing shows very challenging.

The options available for people who do not drink and do not enjoy R rated materails was very limited. But the dancing and singing was pretty good.

The dining room staff and housekeeping staff were excellent, but everyone beyond that was at the most average - not very friendly or helpful usually.

There should have been hand sanitizer at the eating facilities at the least. There was trash on the decks, cigarrette butts on the ground - I can only imagine how much garbage we left in the ocean. So sad!

Overall, the room was nice and very well kept by the housekeeping staff. Only complaint - thin walls. You could hear everything in the halls and the rooms next to you. Plus, the ship itself was noisy, which often made sleeping difficult.
If you want beach, then don't waste money on an excursion.. go to the beach yourself and have a great time. There are plenty of nice restaurants and it's easy to get around.
If you want to snorkel you should set up your own trip. The ship's excursion was terrible, well the snorkel site was. The boat was very nice, but we only went snorkelling for 45 min and it was one of the less attractive places to do it that I've seen on this island.
Don't Miss: You've got to dive or snorkel! But get your own company - don't go through the cruise ship's!

Pros: The housekeeping and wait staff was very friendly and took excellent care of us.

Cons: I was appalled at the lewd behavior and amount of drunken and rowdy behavior. I was looking for a peaceful, relaxing, quiet vacation, but it was so loud that I couldn't quite enjoy myself. It was too much of a wild party scene for my taste; there were insufficient options for those who don't drink.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.