Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

First Cruise

Sail Date: February 18, 2008

This was our first ever cruise, and we was planning it for the last 5 years. There was 4 of us. Me, the wife and 2 boys. We live in Baton Rouge which is only about and hour away. But we stayed in Kenner sunday in order to take the haunted tour in New Orleans sunday night. Which was cool as well.

Embarkation: Since this was our first time cruising, and have different post about it, but it went very smoothly for us. We have a little bit of a wait. But after that it went fast. Even traffic going into the parking garage was smooth. And the port security was very helpful and nice.

After boarding, we went to the Lido deck to the Window by the Seas and to the Gril to eat. The hamburgers were great but the hotdogs not so much. The buffet was ok. The food was great sometimes. It depends on what was online. But I we loved eating there due to the view.

Then we headed to our room which was on the Riviera deck which had 4 beds. 2 of them pushed together to make a double. The room was nice even for 4 people it was just the right size. Only problem we had was that one of my boys didn't want to leave it enough. He wanted to look at tv to much. Not a problem for the youngest. He turned into a party animal.

We only ate in the dinning room once, and that was on the last night. But after being seated our waiter let us know that we were missed. He was very cool and nice. He made the dinner go very well for us. Infact if we every cruise on the Fantasy again we are going to make sure we get a table in his area.

As for eating on the Lido deck. My wife and boys loved it. Especialy my youngest. He loves fruit. And he could not get enough of it. I loved the pizzas that the sandwiches myself. We didn't get any soadas since the tea and juices was good enough. And me and my wife loved eating outside in the air just enjoying the view of the water.

Progresso, Mexico: We booked the Chichen Itza Tour which is a place I have been wanting to see for who knows how long. Just me and the wife went and we both loved it. It is a long tour. Takes about 2 hours just to get there. But it was great. A lot of history to be seen. Just be prepared for the heat and vendors. It is hot and they are pushy. You make one stop going to the site. And of course its at a souvenir shop. But it have some nice stuff there. The drive also takes thru town where you get to see the locals going about their day. In my opinion. Not enough time is aloted to visiting the Ruins. There is just to much to see here.

Cruise Photos