Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Dont Think I Will Be On This Ship Again

Sail Date: September 24, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It all started with the booking. When I booked my cruise I had to book two cabins cause of traveling with a family of 6. I was told that my cabins would be next to each other (they were not) I had one cabin on the 4th deck another on the 6th deck, this put me and two of my kids a way from my wife and other two kids (one of them is 16 months old). When I tried calling Jordan Benton (the person that booked my cruise) all got was voice mall, so left him a voice mall to call me back (I got no return call). So, I call Carnival  to have this fixed I was told I had to wait till I got to the port to have it fixed.  So when I got the port and asked to have it fixed, I was told to go to guest services on the 7th deck, so I did. When I got there the lady said she had never herd of anything like that and that she could not help me (she was kind of rood).

Next, the food was not all great. I felt like I was on ship for people that are dieting (the food had NO taste). The desserts were the worse I have ever tasted, even my kids wouldn't eat them. (how could you mess up cheese cake).

Next, my wife was told that there would be whole milk on the ship at all times for our 16 month old, we did not see a thing of whole milk. There was 2% and most of the time it wasn't even cold (maybe room temperature)

It was away from my wife's cabin.
Would recommend a pool or pool time for kids that wear little swimmers. Its was hard to keep my 16th month old entertained while his brother and sister swam.
While at Nassau my oldest son and my daughter were shocked by a power poll that they were standing next to , the poll was at the gates to where the horse and buggies go in. These caused their arms to go numb for a min or two. Told the local security guard that was at the entrance to port.
Recommendation, try not having the activities over lapping. There was more that me and my family wanted to do but the times overlapped each other.
Staff was great, they all were trying to make my 16th month old smile every time they saw him. Made me feel like he was a big hit on the ship.
Food had no taste. Dessert felt like it was missing sweeteners.