Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A mostly enjoyable first cruise!

Sail Date: September 01, 2016

When I set this cruise up, I did the all-inclusive which was definitely a smart idea! Once on the ship and after tasting their version of sweet tea(they really need to work on that), I decided to get the Bottomless Bubbles which included all sorts of drinks. In looking at the photos of the ship, I was very impressed at how the rooms looked... upon entering the ship I was slightly disappointed. Granted the ship was decently nice although the first thing I noticed upon entering the ship was a smokey, musty smell and it carried throughout the ship. I did have some issues with allergies due to those smells but nothing horrible. I wd say the carpet should probably be replaced, I think that wd help freshen the ship back up quite a bit. The Stewart for our room was exceptional, that was the best part of the ship, Komang did an awesome job of taking care of us, he was at our every beck and call, never missed a beat! I wish all the service on the ship was as good as he was! We had an issue at dinner one night with very poor service, the rest of the nights were spot on. If this is your first cruise you definitely need to do your research and ask lots of questions. Would I go back on Carnival Elation... I'm not sure, I would have to think seriously about it. Would I go on another carnival ship, possibly, but I would definitely read a ton of reviews to understand the shape the ship is in. They did throw in a few perks for my birthday which certainly helped make the trip successful. Would I go on a different cruise line, possibly, again research is key!

Mostly enjoyable, had a little trouble with the bed but Komang was on top of it and fixed it right away!
Was disappointed that I couldn't find a basketball or volleyball court or something.
No children, so really can't comment on that other than to say they seemed to have plenty of programs for them.
Except for the tea, man they need to taste that stuff! It's horrible! With the bottomless bubbles you can get sodas, juices, coffee and water anywhere, anytime on the ship!
Jacksonville, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Watch the Straw Market, we wanted to just walk through and look but those people hound you to death, that made the experience less enjoyable

Go all-inclusive, get the Bottomless Bubbles(mine was $26 for the whole trip) and ask lots of questions so you know what your getting into.