Christmas cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 26, 2015
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: V17

This was my first cruise with Carnival but not my first cruise.  Never a bad day when you are on a cruise, but I would rate it the lowest of the 7 I have been on prior.   Our room steward was exceptional as expected.  Our stateroom was aged and it showed (a jr suite).   A few of the bar staff were unfriendly to outright rude.  We always say please and thank you to the staff and we don't get stupid, and I know it must be trying for them with some of the patrons, I would expect them to appreciate the ones that are polite.  The food was good but not exceptional.  All in all had a great time but again not a standout.

Did do the behind the fun ship tour and loved it. Would have preferred to have been able to understand the staff a little better. The young man who explained the laundry to us was very difficult to understand with his accent.

Cabin starting to show its age. Kind of beat up,