Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Christmas cruise

Sail Date: December 26, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was my first cruise with Carnival but not my first cruise.  Never a bad day when you are on a cruise, but I would rate it the lowest of the 7 I have been on prior.   Our room steward was exceptional as expected.  Our stateroom was aged and it showed (a jr suite).   A few of the bar staff were unfriendly to outright rude.  We always say please and thank you to the staff and we don't get stupid, and I know it must be trying for them with some of the patrons, I would expect them to appreciate the ones that are polite.  The food was good but not exceptional.  All in all had a great time but again not a standout.

Cabin starting to show its age. Kind of beat up,
embarkation and disembarkation was excellent at cruise end and beginning but very disorganized at the two ports of call. We got in line over an hour before the ship landed at Progresso - 4th in line - and when we started to disembark we had been shuffled back because of no directions. We didn't want to cause a stir and be the ones controlling traffic.
Did do the behind the fun ship tour and loved it. Would have preferred to have been able to understand the staff a little better. The young man who explained the laundry to us was very difficult to understand with his accent.