Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A relaxing getaway

Sail Date: November 15, 2014

This cruise was a gift to myself to celebrate retiring from a very tedious 4 year volunteer position.

As usual the services & amenities were excellent.   My one complaint concerned the actions of our table server at the last night's dinner.  He (Topu/Topo/Puto/??) pressured the last 6 of us still seated to consider extra tipping to him for the time & effort he put in to providing his good service & entertainment and to help his family back home.  I personally saw 2 of the ladies each give him a $10 bill.  To me this is extortion and put us all in a very uncomfortable and embarrassing situation.  I refuse to give tips under duress.

Well maintained, clean.
Dining Room, Mongolian Wok & Tiffanys was great. Don't bother with Pizza; no flavor & tough.
Cabin staff was very courteous and always delightful to talk with.
Need more couples competitions, they are the funniest!
Children's Programs N/A
Way too many trivia gatherings. Need workshops: How to make Sushi, Q & A on the ships services, Learn how to play Bridge, Small vegetable carving techniques, Guided ship tour including the galley,
My first experience with an inside room and it was great. This cruise was initially booked for myself only but a friend showed an interest in cruising so I invited her to accompany me and she accepted!!!
I didn't mind not having an ocean view on this short cruise.
New Orleans, Louisiana N/A
Only visited the port shopping mall. Nice
Progreso (Merida), Mexico N/A

Dining room breakfast is the best as I tend to over indulge at Tiffanys breakfast buffet.