Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

February Cruise to Cozumel and Progresso

Sail Date: February 22, 2014

The ship was wonderful- smaller than we usually sail on but that made it alot less crowded and to me less stressful. The boarding process and debarking process were both quite easy. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The highlight of the entire cruise was The Chef's Table. That was the best night with a really nice group of people. And The Chef- what a wonderful man. My only issue was with the excursions. I love Cozumel- would go there again and again. But Progresso- not so good. The ship is too far away from anything. We went on the "shopping" tour to Merida. Crowded into a little van- long ride- and the shopping was for about 30 minutes to what I think was the most expensive shop in the entire city. And they did not easily deal with the US dollars. ALOT of walking. To be honest I was a bit scared to venture out to anywhere else. Our guide took us to the middle of the town to this shop then disappeared. Did not see him again until we made our way back to where the Van was supposed to be. Merida was not a pleasant excursion for me. It was a waste of money.  I'll sail on the Elation again- have already booked the cruise. But will not be getting off the ship in Progresso with a planned paid for excursion.

No speciality dining rooms. I missed that.
Not as much as on the bigger ships.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Now that I have been there more than once- getting to the port and on board the ship is pretty easy.
Love this city. So much to do as soon as you get off the ship.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Too far from the ship to anywhere. You spend most of your day cramped into somekind of transportation.

Make use of the Adults only area for a quiet peaceful time.