What a disappointment

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 06, 2013
Ship: Carnival Elation
This was only our second cruise ever. We loved our 3 day Royal Caribbean cruise last year so much that our children clamored for another one even before we got our bags unpacked and so we booked this one within two days of our return. Unfortunately, I decided to try Carnival thinking: heck if we loved RC that much how much more will we love cruising on Carnival, which supposedly caters to families with kids? WRONG!! The kid's club staff were some of the meanest, rudest people I've ever met (the Circle C lady actually made me cry when she screamed at me!), and my kids avoided those clubs for the entire 5 day cruise. To top it off, the food was awful and the entertainment (what little there was) was terrible. I will NEVER do that to my family again.

Tiffany's was down more than it was up. The food was mediocre at best. Desserts were horrible. Most people just got frozen yogurt and left the bland desserts on the stand. Yuck.

Very limited. Music was on auto pilot most of the time (when they decided to turn it on)

Bad, bad, bad!!! Shame on you, Carnival!

Our Maitre d' and cabin steward were the exception. The other staff members were so obvious in their distaste for Americans that, after my first few encounters, I just avoided them.

There was a bad odor in the right side hallway of the Lido Deck that stayed for the entire cruise. Every time I want past, I thought "what is that stink?!" Finally, I just veered left every time I was going up there, and I noticed that most people avoided that side too.

Bathroom could use some help, but our steward always made sure it was clean.

Long lines at Tiffany's, and you'd better time your visits because they shut down A LOT. Avoid the staff, you'll thank me later.

They took our bags early so that we could be free to wander the city unencumbered.
Lots to see and plenty of haggling in the shops. Thanks, Maitre d' Jorge for that little tip
Overpriced and not much to see unless you're taking an excursion. Buy your trinkets in Progreso.