Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Experience Ever

Sail Date: September 10, 2011

My husband and I had planned this vacation 7 months in advance anticipating the sail date. It was our first vacation without our children but was not an experience I'd consider memorable. When we made port in Progresso, the Carnival employees directed us to a local bar that they indicated was close and SAFE. In fact, one they'd recommened to many of the carnival cruisers. While at this bar with my husband, the host/waiter placed what I would equate to the "date rape drug" in my drink. Shortly thereafter he attempted to sexually assault me. After this drug wore off we contacted Carnival to provide a verbal complaint. After being transferred several times, the Carnival representative's response was that despite the fact their employee recommended the local bar the only way they could have guaranteed our safety in Mexico would have been if we'd paid for and taken a Carnival excursion. We will NEVER cruise again with Carnival and will not be recommending anyone to cruise with Carnival.

Pros: Getting Home

Cons: The food and treatment by staff

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Would have liked other options for adults that were not so late.
Food was cold, nasty and closed at inconvenient times. Room serivce did not offer many options.
Language barrier of on-ship employees was difficult at times. Off-ship employees (Progresso) were lacking in ensuring the safety of their passengers.
We were not impressed with the area. It did not meet our expectations.
Don't Miss: NOTHING!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Refer to previous comment. This port is a danger to people not from the area and was very dirty.
Don't Miss: NOTHING!