Lower your expecations

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 10, 2011
Ship: Carnival Elation
I have gone on 2 prior cruises. I don't recommend this cruise because the service and quality were poor, the food was really poor, there were large crowds drinking and smoking, the constant selling of drinks, pictures, spa services was also irritating. We were not able to relax.

awful

not at all helpful - be prepared!

we went on the excursion to Uxmal Ruins - this was good. From what I could tell, unless you did an excursion to a Mayan Ruins, there was nothing else to do there.
We did a snorkel excursion offered by Orbitz. The staff on the catamaran were nice and the drinks/food were good. The guide was also very good. However, they took us to two reefs that were so close to the cruise ships we could've swam over! The first reef was shallow and saw some good fish but the other reef was nothing to see. I was hoping they would have taken us further out or to some of the notable reefs. This was disappointing. If I had to do it again, I would research a different snorkel excursion (not thru Orbitz).

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Food, crowds, service

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.