Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great cruise for the price!!!

Sail Date: March 22, 2007

The ship needed to be cleaned up a bit.. railings were stickey.. pieces of the decor had been ripped off and needed to be replaced. It was spring break and they needed to keep more order with the drunken young people while there where children on the ship.. they were swearing and going around with pants falling off, etc. This was my 9th cruise and my third aboard Carnival. They have come a long way since my cruise 15 yrs ago, when I swore I would never board another Carnival vessal. I was very pleased with the food and how they have brought their act up so there weren't any wet tee shirt contests or beer chug-a-lugs.. more family orientated amd enough crew to feel pampered!

Pros: The excursion ijn Freeport to the Dolphins.. it was worth every penny

Cons: The Pearl Island Excursion on Nassau.. was a rip off for the same price of the Dolphin but nothing was as it was stated in the ad.. no running water on the island, no electric to chill foods or drinks.. no flowing punch no buffet - just hamburgers and hotdogs no conch cooking as stated...lies

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

My third cruise on Carnival and they have come a long way since the early '90's!!!! Better food quality and more pampering!
Not the Celebrity, but great food for the price of the cruise!
Comprable to other more expensive vessels
They were great but not excellent..
I didn't attend all the shows.. what I did see was typical cruise fare.
Looked like the parents with younger kids were taking advantage. My 11yr old grand-daughter was 'too old' to go to the Camp Carnival....
As with ever other time I have been there, I came away from Nassau feeling ripped off.
Don't Miss: I wish I had visited Atlantis... everyone who did was raving about it!!!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I really enjoyed the Dolphin experience there...
Don't Miss: Dolphin encounter or swim
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I really enjoyed the Dolphin experience there...
Don't Miss: Dolphin encounter or swim