Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great memories from a good crusie.

Sail Date: January 11, 2007

We recently sailed on Elation to Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. This was our second cruise and our first time on Carnival. We had a very easy and quick time getting on the ship and had an ok lunch at Tiffanies. I thought the ship was very different than the last ship we sailed on in that it wasn't as open in the grand atrium and seemed slightly dark comapired to the ship we were on with royal caribbean. The shower in our room was a nice size and the beds were very comfortable. The ports of call were made to be a lot more than they actually were. We went to a seminar about shopping in nassau and it actually ended up being a complete waste of time as it really did not give any info other than tourist traps and diamonds. The breakfast buffet was always the same thing which was a dissappointment. I would have liked to have a bit of variety like changing the kind of potatos or eggs each morning. The crew was very friendly and very helpful. The shows were great! I enjoyed the variety and the dancing. We also like the drink prices as $4 was reasonable for a drink. The sushi bar was also a good touch as we had the very late dinner seating so it ws nice to have a snack before then. I felt seasick several times as we spent a lot of time rocking back and forth. The crusie was good I would say it met my expectations but did not exceed them. I would reccomend this ship as a weekend getaway.

Pros: Shows, sushi bar, and drink prices.

Cons: Ports, lack of variety for breakfast, and seasickness.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

The food in the formal dining room was terrific!
Great shows and game shows.
Again, nothing exciting as well as pushy locals constantly trying to get your money by offerning pictures or free things. We took a water taxi over to Atlantis and walked around for a while. As far as the shopping, the ship over hyped the shopping quality and everything was very cheaply made and expensive to buy.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We took a taxi over to the straw market and walked around. The best part of that trip were the drinks served in coconuts. Not very exciting. The locals in the market were extremely pushy and I often felt very uncomfortable as they called my fiance and I names and constantly yelled to us.