Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

AN EXCELLENT VACATION

Sail Date: January 11, 2007

THE ELATION SHIP IS AN OLDER SHIP THAT WAS UPDATED IN 2002. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE NEWER CRUISE SHIPS THAT ARE NICER AND HAVE ALL THE LATEST AND GREATEST, BUT WITH ALL THIS IN MIND, THE ELATION IS WONDERFUL. I HAD PLENTY TO DO, PLENTY TO SEE. THE FOOD WAS ABUNDANT AND GOOD. THE SHOWS AND ATTRACTIONS WERE ABUNDANT AND GOOD. I GUESS I COULD HAVE WENT ON THE LATEST AND GREATEST, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER CONSIDERING HOW BUSY I STAYED, TALKING TO OTHER VACATIONERS, SEEING SHOWS EATING, SHOPPING, TOURING, EXPLORING ETC. I HAD A CRUISE I WILL ALWAYS LOOK BACK ON AND SMILE. I TOOK LOTS OF PICTURES AND MY FAMILY AND I ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT CRUISE.

Pros: ALL INCLUSIVE VACATION

Cons: TIME TOOK WINGS AND FLEW FASTER THAN A SPEEDING JET

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
the shopping was more expensive than i thought it would be, but i enjoyed exploing the island. we paid a taxi driver $70.00 to drive us around the island and thru the poor neighborhoods, the middle class neighborhoods and the ghetto type neighborhoods. He also drove us around where the locals shop and do their business. we drove out to the area the hurricane had davastated and seen how the people on the island live day to day life.
I loved the Pirate Museum. We pulled in port at 8:00 Saturday night everything was closed so we took a cab to Atlantis Hotel and Resort and walked around, we seen the shark tanks and pool and beautiful statues and grounds they were amazing we had a drink in the open cocktail bar we visaited the shops and enjoyed talking to the people. a beautiful breeze was flowing in the night air and I loved being out and about in such a lovely place. Sunday Morning the shops would not open until 10:00 and alot did not open at all then our ship pulled out at 2:30 so our time on the island was almost a bust. i will plan better next time, and check the timing of the port calls better. Sundays can be a bust for shopping, if you are going to an Island to go to Church, you won't be disappointed. there are alot of churches to choose from, and the shops do not open during church hours
Don't Miss: SEE ATLANTIS, TAKE A CAB OVER THERE FOR $4 AND AFTER 6:00 THE TOUR IS FREE