A good vacation

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 28, 2006
Ship: Carnival Elation
Overall I enjoyed the cruise. Two aspects that did not impress me were the menu choices at the dinner meal and the rudeness of other passengers (for example - running down the hallways, loud talking in the hallways (both late at night), passengers not following the directions of the crew during the initial safety briefings).
However, I will overlook those and rate this cruise as good. The ship is in fine shape, the ports were enjoyable and the activities both on and off ship were appropriate and fun.
I liked the padded running track - easy on the knees and ankles. The Gym/Spa were in great shape as well.

I was looking forward to the nightly dinner in the main dining rooms. It was a let down to not have a "Chef's Recommended Menu" (one that includes all courses). Also, the selection was limited and did not have much imagination. The food itself was good though.

Get out away from the area next to the port
Don't Miss: Visit the area surrounding the large hotel on the island. Good shops and sights to see.
The snorkeling is a must. The rest is okay - not much to look at for sight-seeing.

Pros: Relaxing on the ship

Cons: Other passengers

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!