Best vacation I've ever had!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: August 01, 2006
Ship: Carnival Elation
The Elation was a beautiful ship, not to big not to small, it was right in the middle. I've been on cruises before and I feel this ship was the most comfortable and has a lot to offer. Although I've been on ships a lot bigger than the Elation this boat I seemed to have the most fun on. I got a chance to experience everything and had a great time while doing it. The boat is very CLEAN and in perfect condition. The rooms were always kept spotless, the staff was super friendly, and the service of the dining room was the BEST out of all four of the cruises I've been on. The only thing I really could complain about was LINES, we had a FULL ship so everywhere you went were lines, but they went pretty quick. Also the food was kind of reheated one to many times the first two days or so but after that I found the food to be a lot better. The also had so many selections and difffernt kinds of foods on the boat which was great for my boyfriend and I because we got to try a little of everything, it wasn't the same stuff over and over again. Overall this was my first cruise with Carnival and for the price, service, staff, and the boat I don't think I would use any other cruises lines. I mean if you really want more luxury and top service where the staff is up your ass all day then go with the nicere cruises but for a good, fun, and relaxing time Carnival is the way to go! Also 5 stars on entertainment... the shows, comeday, games were just so much fun and the prizes were awesome as well!

Breakfast was the same stuff over and over again unless you wanted to wait in line for omlets, or go to the dining room. At first the food was alright, re heated one to many times or not re heated enough but as the week went on the food got better and better. Great selection and serice in the main dining room!

Always something to do on the FUN SHIP thats for sure! They had a wide variety of games, events, and prizes. My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun being involved in games and stuff and even won three bottles of wine!

BEST! Everyone was so great, they all just really enjoyed working the boat and interacting with the guests I felt. Of course there were those few who were not so nice or helpful but other people def. made up for that!

Everything was kept in perfect condition, the boat was spotless!

Room was kept very cleaning although we really didn't make a huge mess. Towels and everything were always replaced when needed and the bathroom was always cleaned and kept fresh.
This island has only been open for about 8 weeks now, well when I went so it was alright. The island is very SMALL and it only has like 10 gift shops but it was def. beautiful. The beack kind of disapointed me you walk off the peir and there is the beach and your boat is parked right in front of you so it was a little distracting. Also ROCKS... ouch bring water shoes.
Don't Miss: Jimmy Buffets margartiaville, great drinks and what a fun time by the pool with music and dancing contests.
My favorite island of all! St. Thomas is BREATH TAKING and the shopping is out of this world ladies! Megans Bays... taxi ride is $8.00, $3.00 to get in so for $11 you will see one of the top 10 beachs of the world with crystal clear water.
Don't Miss: Sky ride, cheap price and you get some amazing views of St. Thomas.
Towns people were ethier really friendly or really nasty, this was the only island we had a problem with one of the natives, some bum. But besides that we had a great time, Senor Frogs had great food and drinks, and you don't walk out of there sober thats for sure. The straw market was great for SHOPPING! I got a Coach bag and so much other stuff although the people hassle you and hustle you for your money, you just have to make sure you can say no lol.
Don't Miss: Yellow Bird Booze cruise! ALL THE RUM PUNCH YOU CAN DRINK WHILE SAILING TO MUSIC!
A little on the dirty side lol but the shopping is awesome! The food was great, we ate at Barachino's :), highly recommended.
Don't Miss: Barcardi rum tour! Cheap price and it was a great time and you get two free drinks and cheap priced liquor for you to buy at the end!

Pros: The cruise staff was polite, up beat, funny, and seemed to really love thier jobs!

Cons: The long lines to do everything on the boat, but we also had a FULL ship.