Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

First and last cruise with Carnival

Sail Date: June 30, 2016

This was my first cruise with Carnival and it was not comparable in any way, shape, or form to the other cruises I've taken on Norwegian and Disney. The food was seriously awful. I am NOT a picky eater but this stuff was really bad. Casseroles with crumbled saltine crackers ontop, sour milk, bad deserts, ice cold hot dog buns, and very minimal selection.  Yuck. The ship had rust spots all over it inside and out and the cabin looked abused! the bathroom had mold and grime in the crevices - it was gross.  The crew just kept their heads down and did their work, not friendly or fun, just "there".  They looked tired and overworked.  This was the complete opposite of the Norwegian cruise I took where there was so much variety in foods, tables were cleared and cleaned immediately, and the crew was super upbeat and friendly.  If this had been my first cruise I would not go on another one, thankfully I had a great experience with Norwegian and have booked my next vacation with them.

Bunk bed ladders were rusty. Bathroom had mold in the corners and on the clothes line. Towels were stained. Yuck!

Don't bother. Go on another cruise line