Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Bahama Cruise-Carnival Ecstasy

Sail Date: March 31, 2016

My mother and I went on this cruise to just get away and completely chill. We got just that! This cruise met my expectations. Although the seas prevented us from landing of Half Moon Cay the crew did their best to make up for it and everyone had a great time. My one MAJOR suggestion is when on Nassau, DEFINITELY sign up to do excursions. As this was my first time to the Bahamas, I didn't know any better and didn't know if the money for excursions would be worth it; "I'll just walk around and explore Nassau." Big mistake. I am sure there are gorgeous places on Nassau but if you want to see them, I don't recommend hoofing it. The immediate parts of town, aside from random foods and gift markets, are rather filthy and sketchy, and there is nothing of nature or beauty to see there. The beach you can walk to is so small and packed with people we didn't bother stopping.

I would go on this cruise again, so it was a good experience. But I will absolutely plan to do some of the cool excursions they offer so as to get away from the city and out to see some cool stuff!!!!!  Happy

Cabin / Stateroom This particular type of cabin on the boat was very satisfying. The window was large and the cabin didn't feel cramped at all. If you don't have the money to fork it out for a suite or balcony, don't worry! The oceanview cabin is a great option! My mother is normally claustrophobic which was a concern, but turns out she wasn't bothered at all.
I wish someone would have stressed the importance of doing excursions. As it was, they were made to just sound like fun extra things to do as opposed to the only real way of getting to see the natural beauty of the island.
Charleston, South Carolina
Unless you absolutely do an excursion, you REALLY aren't going to see much. The city within walking distance is dirty, hot, and full of grumpy people.

1 Comment