Not bad for a 1st cruise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 23, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: U137

I chose to go during the week of Thanksgiving so the ship had over 700 children under the age of 12 (not good planning on my part).  They had 2 adult hot tubs secluded at the back of the ship but no adult pool.  I didn't find the adult hot tubs until the 2nd or 3rd day.  A little guidance would have been nice for 1st timers. The 1st day on the ship I had to ask for an itinerary of what was happening on the ship. It would have been nice to have it in my room or handed to me when boarding the ship. Some of the entertainment was cheesy and some of it was good, but you get what you pay for.  I found myself bored at times and heard others saying the same thing. I suspect they want you to be bored at times so you spend money in their shops and in their casino.  Food was alright but nothing to write home about.  A little more organization from the entertainment crew might help make the cruise more pleasurable.  I'm not sold on a 2nd cruise yet, but may try another to see if it's better.  At this point I prefer all inclusive resorts over going on a cruise.

food was comparable to Big Boy

bored at times

hardworking and they put up with a lot from the families and they still managed to smile most of the time

Cabin was a nice size and I'm claustrophobic, the window helped. Cabin was clean and well cared for.

Don't travel the week of Thanksgiving if you are going on a romantic cruise or don't want to be around children. This is probably more of a family ship than a ship for adults to enjoy.

See Hemingway's home and enjoy exploring the area. I found a nice little bar down by the beach.
I've been to Mexico several times, so it's the same thing you see in all the tourist areas