Fun Cruise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 26, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: r170

I had read all the reviews and prepped myself for the worst when boarding the ship but my family had a wonderful time. Yes it is an older ship but there still was plenty to do. They had some good shows and entertainment. My son loved the kids club and the staff were very friendly. I agree with the reviews that the food was just ok, it all tasted like normal buffet food (even in the main dining hall). But we also didn't pay that much for our entire trip so we weren't expecting filet mignon or lobsters. If you are looking for a relaxing little getaway than this is it.

Cabin was nicer than expected. we had a pull down bed and a crib and were still able to move around. The kids loved sitting on the windowsill looking at pods of dolphins.
We rented a car and checked out jungle island, it was a nice little park. A little too much for what it was in my opinion. We were able to walk the entire thing in 2 hrs. But the best part was the lemur experience. You get to go into the nursery and play with the lemurs while the trainer answers any quiestions you may have.
We went to Chankanaab park, through the cruiseline it would've cost $83 per adult but we chose to go on our own. There are plenty of taxis at the end of the port and it cost $12 to get us there and $20 per adult to get in.