Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

A Little Disappointed

Sail Date: June 16, 2014

Room Type: Suite

really love Carnival.  But this 5 day Western Caribbean Live cruise out of Miami was not the best.  I read some bad reviews but booked anyway because I wanted to see Jennifer Hudson.

Cabin - I had a Grand Suite and it was smaller than the Ocean Suite on the Valor.  Everything felt really dated and small.  Nothing was fancy. .  The cabin was not designed very well.  There were huge columns dividing the room that made moving around awkward and limited.  The shower/bathtub was so high that I had to help my mother in and out of the shower everyday so she wouldn't fall.

Dining Room - Service was not good.  It took too long to bring out the food.  One night I didn't like my meal and ordered a different dish and it never came.  I didn't understand why the dining room they put us in was so far away from our cabin.  We got lost every night.

Activities - boring and nothing to do.  ( I don't gamble or drink)

Excursions - Cozumel- we went to a man made fake Mayan village.  Key West - rained but we stopped in Kermit's Key Lime pie shop.  I enjoyed meeting Kermit and the pie was delicious.

Angry

Carnival should really pay attention to the excursions. I paid to see a Mayan Village and it was a man-made fake village
The ship looks and feels old, small, and very dated
The food was ok
I had a Grand Suite and it was nothing like the Grand Suite we had on the Valor
Jennifer Hudson was amazing! Other than that nothing
Nothing to do!
Children's Programs I don't know
Once again there was nothing to do!
Miami, Florida
Key West, Florida
It rained the whole day. Not Carnival's fault
Carnival Live Concert
I did enjoy Jennifer Hudson. Don't pay for the VIP. If you are willing to stand in line you can get the same great seats.

Here's a tip for the Carnival Live Concert- You don't really need to pay for the expensive VIP seats. If you are willing to stand in line you can get the same great seats. There were people with VIP seats sitting right next to me! The ship's theater is small and every seat is good