Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very good cruise

Sail Date: October 31, 2011

A very enjoyable experience. As usual, Carnival personnel were friendly and the food was good.

Pros: Staff was very attentive, particularly the dining room staff

Cons: Elevators tended to pick when they wanted to work. The ship's water tasted terrible.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Entertainment the first night was very good. Country and western production. Comedy show was excellent. Not much happening the middle days of the cruise.
Overall, ship was clean. This is a smaller Carnival Ship, which I like as you get to know the employees. Very easy to to locate all the different public areas.
Food was excellent although not Carnival's normal variety of choices. Plenty of places to eat. Would like to have had more places to get eggs to order rather than scrambled eggs. Only one place available.
Had extended balcony at stern of ship. Balcony was large but lingering smell of engile fumes not very enchanting. Stateroom very comfortable. Carnival beds are excellent.
Couldn't tell if stateroom staff was there but everytime I came back to my room it was clean. I never saw them but they did a super job. Restaurant staff very entertaining and hard working.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Go to the beach and get a massage. Very nice
Went to the dolphin show at Dolphinaris. A super show with up close and personal contact with the Dolphins. DO NOT buy the ticket which includes lunch. For two people I paid an extra $80 dollars and we received a fajita for lunch. Also, be aware, your pictures and video at the end of the visit are very expensive. Having said that they were very well done and I did buy them
Don't Miss: Dolphin encounter.