Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best Vacation ever

Sail Date: October 31, 2011

This was our first cruise so its difficult to compare to other liners. However, our overall first impression was good. It was difficult at time to catch an elevator. We could not navigate the stairs for more than one flight and people that could use the stairs didn't and caused delays for those who really needed the elevators.
I felt the prices of the spa treatments were a litle bit over priced. I did recieve one treatment but would have taken another if it was not as expensive as it was. I spent almost half of my budget on the treatment and supplies purchased. The treatment was excellant.
The ship was very clean and well kept. We saw somone cleaning all the time. The staff was excellant and exibited stellar customer service throughout the ship.

Pros: THE FOOD

Cons: Waiting on Elevators

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Our waiters were excellant. They became family to us. They knew all of our names on the first day. The head waiter was, Jayadi, and his assistant was, Kadek. The both of them catered to our every needs every day.
I know it was hard to keep the windows clean but it was hard to see out them even from the very first day. I could take a towel and clean them myself so it was possible to have them cleaned initually. The bed was very comfortable and had adaquate coverings. The size of the room we were in was more than enough room for no longer than we was in the room.
I mentioned our waiters earlier but i will say it again, they were devine and very caring to our every needs. Your bakery chef on this ship was superior.
Althought the ship had some age, it was and has been well kept and was very clean.
We toured the entire island with the excursion we chose. It was fun and exciting. We ate at the Three Amegios at the end of the pier and it was excellant. It had atmosphere and the employees truly seemed to enjoy their job. The food was good.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Not very impressed with this port at all. I didn't purchase anything at this port and was only off the ship for one hour. The entire area was dirty and on every block there was people begging for money without offering a service.
Don't Miss: EVERYTHING