Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our first cruise

Sail Date: July 23, 2011

The port of Cozumel was a high point of our cruise. The staff in the dining rooms and room stewards were excellent and had great attitudes. We took all four kids, three of whom are teenagers; our six year old loved the activiities in Camp Carnival and the counselors were alot of fun. I would have a hard time recommending the cruise to friends however, because there was a large group of 12-14 year old kids who were, as part of their ship group, unsupervised and running wild. These kids ran in and out of the elevators, up and down the halls and through the dining areas creating a dangerous and definitely disrespectful atmosphere. At one point in the evening when I and my young son were in the dining area of the Panorama Grill, several boys ran in, grabbed cakes off of the buffet, and chased at a full run while smearing cake all over each other. They nearly ran over us as they slid across the floor on the frosting they had thrown in the floor. The staff had apparently been told not to say anything to them and simply cleaned up their mess. I was appalled - I wonder if their parents were informed of their behavior at any point.

Pros: Cozumel was beautiful...the staff on the ship were great

Cons: unsupervised 12-14 Circle C's disrespectful and running wild

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

the wait staff was tremendous and very entertaining. Also, two of my children had dietary restrictions which they handled with ease.
This rating applies to the Camp Carnival area as we had a six year old in the program who had a wonderful time!
snorkeling excursion was fantastic as was the shopping.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
This entire spot was a waste of time.