Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An okay first cruise

Sail Date: May 09, 2011

This is definitely the low end of the stick as far as cruises are concerned. It is for party-goers, which I am not, so I found it difficult to relax and find things that I enjoyed. I learned a lot. I wanted less activity and a more elegant atmosphere, so I will be choosing a different ship/cruise line next time.

Pros: Cozumel/Dolphin shore excursion

Cons: The party atmosphere.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

The dancing/singing team was not impressive, nor were the comedians. And out of all the live bands there, only one had any talent.
It took a while to get to know the ship. I wish the decks weren't so crowded with chairs and that there weren't bars around every corner.
We had a couple of really good meals, but most were average. They needed nice music during the meals.
I liked that every time we came back to our room it had been cleaned. Sometimes there were cute animals made out of towels.
There were a few excellent staff, while some needed to improve their English. Aaron from Nepal was an amazing waiter!! But others made us feel like we were a bother if we requested certain things.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We only got off for a couple of hours in Progreso and walked on the beach. We walked far enough to get away from the party crowd, and it was pretty nice and quiet.
We did our dolphin swim excursion and lunch at a place on the beach called Dolphinarius. The facility and staff were top notch, and the dolphin swim experience was amazing! The only regret I had about our visit to Cozumel was that it wasn't long enough, so we weren't able to visit the other side of the island which had the nicer beaches.
Don't Miss: The Dolphins Swim excursion