tropical paradise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 09, 2011
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Beautiful, well maintained ship with a friendly, helpful multi-national staff. The staff are prepared for contingiencies, so when we missed the bus for our shore excursion, they quickly showed us our options. End result, we missed our tour, but still had great day! The food was great with your choice of gourmet dining or buffet style dinners. Lots of types of entertainment and activities or just relax at your convenience.

Food was great with plenty of variety. We had open dining in Windstar, so this worked out great for us. Portions were perfectly sized. The appetizers were interesting creations that piqued my appetite. Desserts were heavenly!

More to participate in than you can do. The instruction channel on TV was very helpful. If you're a day person or night person, there's plenty to do for all.

EXCELLENT STAFF!!! Everyone was friendly, helpful and made sure we were satisfied. We over slept for our first shore excursion and missed the bus. I thought our day was over, but lady (I don't remember her name) from South Africa showed me other options. I thought I would hear "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do". We went to the beach in Merida and had a great day! Kudos to all the staff!

Beautiful, well maintained ship. Every place was clean, well organized. Elevators were slow, but I got plenty of exercise using the stairs! The crew was friendly and helpful. I had a lot of confidence in the crew, everyone knew their job and did it well.

Perfect for two people! Comfortable bed, cleaner than most hotels, plenty of storage. Toilet paper dispenser was in the way of my right knee, but this was a minor inconvenience.
The dolphin interactive swim was fabulous! Something I've been waiting to do all my life! The water was incredibly clear, snorkling was breath taking! Can't wait to go again!
Don't Miss: The dolphin swim
We missed our bus (our fault) for a tour and were given different options. Had a great outing at the beach in Progreso.

Pros: extremely helpful, friendly staff

Cons: the ship's water tasted awful

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!