Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great first time cruise experience

Sail Date: November 18, 2006

I thought it was a novel idea to have employees from all parts of the globe. This was an excellent "starter" cruise and it has me looking forward to my next one. The staff was tireless in making sure that the ship was clean and that the needs of the cruisers were met. Sometimes dinner in the main dining room wasn't so great, but there were other things to choose from.

The Highlights and Shopping excursion in Cozumel was fantastic and our guide was very insightful.

There wasn't moment that you couldn't find something to entertain you, which i thought was good. Additionally, there were a lot of spots where you could just enjoy down time and do nothing.

Pros: The friendly staff and the affordable spa prices

Cons: The meals in the main dining room was subpar on some evenings.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

I had a great time on the Highlights and Shopping Shore excursion. I was a little creeped out by the fact that there was no guard rail or raised ground on the pier (it was extremely windy that day), but once I got past that, I had a great time. We ate at this restaurant named Pancho's, and it was DELICIOUS. The beach was beautiful. I had a great time there.
Don't Miss: Eating at Panchos!!
Don't Miss: Eating at Panchos!!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
In Progresso, we sort of did our own thing and caught a shuttle to the beach. It was a cloudy day, so we just walked around a bit. Since it's evidently not as well known as Cozumel, souveniers are a little less expensive there. I don't regret making any purchases in Cozumel, but I would say hold some of your money for Progresso. This place gives a little better glimpse of the "real" Mexico.
Don't Miss: There is a place that gives free tequila shots and has some of the best pina coladas. Sorry, can't remember the name.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico