Great cruise with family. My first ever.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 01, 2018

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9443

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Many great memories with my family. Got to interact with some of the other passengers and everybody was nice. I've seen some pretty bad reviews on here. That will not deter me from my next upcoming cruise with Carnival. Going solo. Kind of my late spring break on an older ship of a different class and I can't wait.

Embarkation

Didn't take very long at all.

Ship experiences

Mostly at at MDR throughout the cruise. Everything there was immaculate save for only a couple of entrees. Omelette station at the buffet were on point. Had my fair share of desserts.

Pizzeria

My go-to late night snack!!

Mongolian Wok

Embarkation day lunch.

Deli

Best sandwiches ever!

Went on the Drainpipe and water slide, the fitness center was okay. Casino was fun. Not very crazy about karaoke but had some fun. Tried belting out a couple of numbers. Lol.....

Lido deck was jumping on the 4th of July. Trivia was good. Enjoyed the band on the Promenade deck.

Caliente Dance Club

Pretty crowded. Dance floor was packed a couple of nights. Not a dancer, Lol, but had fun anyway.

Club O2

All of my ieces had a ball.

Circle C

Two of my younger nieces enjoyed themselves.

Everyone was super nice and very attentive. Room steward made my cabin mate and I feel at home and made sure we had everything we needed.

Ship was very easy to navigate. Enjoyed the layout.

Everything was nice and clean. Lamp on my night stand didn't work but not a big deal at all. Roomed with a relative.

Ship tip

Give the rare finds items on the MDR menus. I surprised myself by eating escargot for the first time.

Ports of call

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Went on a tour of the West Bay and did some zip lining and got to hold and pet some monkeys and sloths. Zip lining would've been more fun for me hadn't I got myself spooked. I've been on rollercoaster rides that were pretty high off the ground with no problems but why I had a hard time "hanging on a string" at 30 to 50 feet off the ground? Lol...... first time. May be my last? Still had a blast.

Belize City, Belize

I've heard from others that parts of the city was riddled with bullet holes. Didn't plan on getting off the ship anyway since I came down with a slight cold.....

Mr. Sancho's is by far the best. All inclusive pass was reasonably priced. Great food and drinks.

New Orleans, Louisiana