Family Thanksgiving

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 20, 2016
Ship: Carnival Dream

This cruise was pretty much as expected.  Since it was at Thanksgiving, I expected lots of kids running around and there was.  As a senior citizen, it is not my ideal cruise environment but for a family cruise this was the time all could go because school has to be in recess (Teacher and Student in the Family).  The ship is very large and lots of passengers, everywhere was pretty crowded except the library.  I did not attempt to use the pool.  Knowing that I was going into the cruise with lots of families, I enjoyed myself being with my family.  All of us had different likes so daytime everyone did their own thing and we came together at dinner.  This was a good choice with ages from 60s to teens in the family.

Dining Rm food was quite good, Lido area just ok, wish there was an option to have lunch in the dining rm. Also the dress code for dinner was a bit too casual for my taste, lots of shorts.

Don't think you can go from end to end on deck 3, I kept making that mistake and was frustrated trying to get to dinner from the Aft to the Forward area since the Dining rm was 3 forward.

This is a VERY large ship and I had an AFT cabin. If you have difficultly walking or tire easily, you will want a mid-ship. I seem to always needed to be on the opposite end from where I was. Positive aspect, I got a lot of exercise just getting to where I needed to be so there was no need to visit the exercise rm.

The Steakhouse was worth the extra expense. It was one of the best steaks I have had and the service was impeccable.

Unfortunately weather forced the cancellation of the snorkeling trip and I took the Best of Grand Cayman tour, it was ok but having been to Grand Cayman before I know what a great snorkel site it is so I would recommend any event on the water over the land events.
The water is beautifully clear and I highly recommend a sail and snorkel.