Had a great time but had disappointments also

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 19, 2016
Ship: Carnival Dream

The cruise itself was fun.  The excursions we went on were a blast.  One I thought was not as safe for the kids because it was in the middle of the sea.  The on and off boat there was too unsafe I think for smaller kids.

The main disappointments were the buffet line.  Long lines no matter what time you went.  We ate at the restaurant all but once.  I did not like that the pool was salt water but was ok.  Setup for buffet should be better.  The service was average.  Although they were not approachable.  They would answer and help but you felt like they had to or were just fulfilling their job.  We experienced 100% better on another cruise line.  One employee at the buffet told me my child was a troublemaker and walked off, when all we did was get in line.  Service I would rate 1-2 stars.  Overall 3.  Might look at other cruises before carnival again.

Restaurant was cool. Buffet was bad. Food on excursions was bad

Our cabin steward, marson, was wonderful. Everybody else just acted as if doing a job.

Food was not what was expected.
Food was terrible