Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not at all up to Carnival ' s usual standard

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

I gave this 2 stars only because I feel some aspects of the cruise were still above average. I give this 2 stars because the dining room staff and housekeeping staff were superior. I gave this 2 stars because almost everything else fell far below my previous experience a year ago on the same fun ship! There were a lot of changes that negatively affected my cruise. The major issue most noted by my group and others was the lack of clarity for purchases and onboard spending. Everyday there were different charges and credits and erroneous purchases that would pop up when you checked your balance. Several people reported several hundreds of dollars appearing on their statements. It's disheartening to be declined when trying to make a legitimate purchase then having to wait in long lines at guest services to dispute charges. The staff wasn't helpful rather blaming guest for their issues.

The next thing that changed was the entertainment.  None of the usual fun activities held on the lido deck were done this year. Not even the st. Jude fundraiser which I support yearly. The music from bands and singers changed. The comedy shows changed. One year's time and this ship has declined.

Next the awful stench on my cabin floor was unbearable.  Like raw sewerage and carnival did nothing about it. There were weak spots on the floor and several times when I walked in those spots I felt like I would fall through the floor!

Lastly the food was awful! So burgers it was for me most of the time. The pastries have declined from previous so I expected them to be mediocre.  But it exceeded mediocre this time.

I have traveled with carnival for 8 years and sometimes twice a year. Some of my bad experiences previously , I would now give a 5 star review because it could have just been my preferences and not carnivals part. I've given all of my cruises a 5 star before this. I advised a friend of mine whose family is going on this ship later to cancel and book with royal Caribbean. Anything would be better than this. I haven't given up on cruising but I am giving up on Carnival.  At least until things improve!

Our cabin Stewart was awesome!

Bbq day was great!