Not what I expected

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Carnival Dream

Have been on several Carnival cruises, keep thinking I want to try one of the other cruise lines but always come back to Carnival, great value and lots of fun. I have come to the conclusion that I like the smaller ships better than the mega ships like the Dream and Glory.  We like to walk after each meal and both these ships have limited outdoor space for this (the Glory is like walking a mouse trap).  Disappointed that there was not a adult only swimming pool on the serenity deck, only 2 whirlpools (one was under repair most of our cruise).  We are going on another Carnival cruise next year, different ship and locations so we'll see what that ship has to offer.

Food was great. Main dining room was no problems. Lido deck dining room is poorly laid out, very congested at the drink stations.

Like to watch the different events on the lido deck but you had to be on the deck above and look down on the lido deck to be able to see what was happening since they don't have the raised stage on the Dream like they've had on all the other Carnival ships we've been on.

Have heard better entertainment at high school productions. Comedy club entertainment was good. On the lido deck there wasn't a raised stage as on all the other Carnival ships I've been on and hard to see what was going on.

Ship was very clean as always with any Carnival ship I've been on. The Lido deck layout of the Lido deck and the lido deck dining room is poorly laid out. All the other Carnival ships I've been on have had a raised stage. The dining room on the Lido deck is very congested at the drink stations, has 2 different ice cream stations but both are at the front portion of the dining room. Just didn't care for this ship as well as I have other Carnival ships.

Very nice and roomy