Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Less than I expected

Sail Date: July 26, 2015

Ask your self this, what is one of the first things that you hear about a cruise?  It's fun, the food is great, etc.  The food is limited on Carnival Dream. I expect to go on a cruise and have food I haven't before.  New fruits and veggies.  I could by all of it at home.  There is entertainment all the time. Anywhere from learning to fold towels to comedians (4) to dancing on deck, Mexican moonlight meal on the deck.  It was good.  Lester Bibbs (comedian) is awesome.

The food was average to good. I have been on two other cruises and the food was better with a better selection of foods. The buffet was limited. Every morning was the same except for which type of potato it may be, which type of meat, which eggs benedict (ham or salmon) you would have. It repeated itself every third day. I did like that they had one large plate instead of a tray and smaller plates. Nightly dining was good.
Some of the staff was very busy and some of them would walk by a table 10 and leave items for someone else to pick up.
We had a couch that converted to a bed and it was left a bed the whole time. I would of like to have it a couch during the day. The bunk was also left down the entire time.
The announcer for the ship (Sorry I don't remember his name or title) seemed tired and somewhat snide at getting questions that he probably gets from every cruise. I loved that the statesman had towel animals on their carts. We enjoyed them. The lady that did the family freed isn't a person that I would want to represent my cruise line. She is a control freak with a short tolerance.
The comedian show was great. Lester Bibbs is a must see. We are still talking about him. He is great.
My 16 son had a blast.
There are a lot of activities to choose from.
I sent my two children on two excursions. They had fun. They would do it again. This is one of the places that the cruise line makes it money. I feel that prices could be better. If all four of us would of done an excursion each day would of cost us well over $1200. My guess is an average of $100-120 per person per excursion.
The ship is clean. There were servers mopping around the hot tub to keep it dry so that people were less likely to slip and fall.
Put bunk up and make couches daily.
Bathroom is clean. The only complaint is that the bathtub and sink have very slow draining water. The bathroom with the toilet had no issues.

Get the faster to the fun pass for your cabin. This allows you to get on and off earlier.